Friday, June 4, 2010

Getting started

Working with people with disabilities is always an adventure. Just when you think you know what you are doing, Wham!!!!!! Right in your face. Then you need something new to put in your toolbox.

Well, this blog is an attempt to create a toolbox. Strategies upon strategies. Hopefully, I can overcome my own short attention span and keep them coming.
Strategies come in all sorts of shapes and sizes, each one good for just a right situation. I plan on discussing the various negative characteristics of people who struggle in school and work. Then move on the vocational impacts... Next talk about some strategies to deal with all this. Finally, I want to brainstorm how the negative characteristic can be turned around and used as a strength.

Successful people with learning disabilities (and I am humbled to know many), are masters of using their weaknesses as strengths that move the world. Hopefully I can share some of the wisdom that I have gleaned from successful people I have known.

Please join the discussion and share your wisdom

No comments:

Post a Comment